Please be patient…the video can take while to load depending on the connection you are using.
Terms & Conditions
- Period: 1 August 2015 – 29 Feb 2016 (7 months).
- Whom may enter? ALL Cash Connect staff including BDA personnel in Pretoria and the Deposit Manager staff in Durban. The following staff are excluded: Sales Executives, Sales Agents and Opco.
- Your lead entry will only be valid if you enter the details via the auto-email responder by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org and forward the completed email to email@example.com. NO leads may be given directly to a Sales Executive, Sales Agent or Client Relations Executive (CRE). Once you have logged your lead, Lauren Rayne will appoint the relevant Sales Executive. If extreme circumstances arise such as could for example happen in KZN, your lead may be allocated to a CRE.
- A lead is not a prospect that contacts Cash Connect’s offices enquiring about our services.
- CRE’s and the rest of the staff have a different set of competition criteria, although the competition mechanism will be the same.
- A lead/referral is distinct from a ticket. For each lead that converts to an activated contract that is deployed and switched on, the lead generator will earn R1,000 (subject to tax) for the first deployed deal of the month and R1500 (subject to tax) for the second deal and every deal thereafter that has been deployed for the month.
- Each device deployed and switched on against the lead will earn the sailor one ticket.
- Each ticket will provide you a place in the race.
- To qualify for the top 3 prizes, you need to obtain the following number of tickets:
- CRE’s require 21 tickets. 14 tickets (Referrals) and 7 tickets (New Sales Lead). Referrals mean if you obtain a referral and close the deal. Leads refer to a new business lead that is handed over to a SE to close the deal (via the competition entry mechanism).
- The rest of the staff require 7 tickets.
- Once you obtained the minimum required tickets to qualify for the top 3 prizes, you need to race your way to the finish line and each new ticket will be entered to determine the top 3 sailors, the highest number of tickets being the overall winner. If we have a tie, the person with the highest combined customer BTV will be the winner.
- The person with the most tickets will win a trip for two on a MSC luxury cruise liner to the Portuguese Islands, departing from Durban. In addition, Cash Connect will include flights, airport transfers and R1,500(subject to tax) spending money.
- The person with the second highest amount of tickets will win R10,000 (subject to tax).
- The person with the third highest amount of tickets will win R5,000 (subject to tax).
- Commission payable to the Sales Executive (and in extreme cases a Client Relations Executive) that close the deal (meaning the contract is signed and the deal is deployed and switched on), will receive sales commission according to the normal Cash Connect stacked commission structure. Note that this will count as a deal for your sales target.
- If the deal has been deployed by the 18th of a month, you will receive payment of commission / lead generation fees that same month as part of payroll. If deployment took place after the 18th of the month, payment will only be done the following month. If the contract is subject to a pilot phase, the deployment date will be the date after the pilot, once the pilot site has been activated as a live, paid-for site.
- If extreme circumstances arise such as could for example happen in KZN, the lead may be allocated to a CRE who found the lead in which case the CRE gets to secure both ends of the win for that specific deal, he/she will earn the stacked sales commission only and will forfeit the R1,000 lead generation fee.
- It is important that the lead generator provide an introduction so that when a SE/CRE makes contact with the prospect that it is not a ‘cold call’.
- The boat cruise cannot be exchanged for cash.
- The winners (you and your partner) require a Passport that is valid for 6 months after date of return. Passport arrangements are your responsibility.
- The boat cruise must be booked by 31 March 2016 and utilised by 28 February 2017.
- The leave request to be approved by your line manager.
- The Operations Committee (Opco) to announce the winner in March 2016.
- The Opco decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- Management discretion applies.
Cash Connect launches innovative 3-in-1 Bulk Deposit ATM to SA’s banking industry
For both commercial banks and banking customers, the launch of South Africa’s first automated solution for bulk deposits of notes, coins and cheques is a milestone in enhancing customer service with high-tech, user-friendly, service automation in banking malls.
Retail cash management industry leader, Cash Connect, today launched the first 3-in-1 Bulk Deposit ATM (BDA) for South Africa’s banking industry at the annual ATM International Association (ATMIA) conference and trade show in Cape Town.
This BDA is designed to allow customers to make bulk deposits quickly and easily through self-service automation, while reducing queues and assisting tellers to speedily process banking deposits in banking malls, says Steven Heilbron, joint CEO of Cash Connect Management Solutions.
“Backed up by Cash Connect’s years of experience in cash management solutions and our extensive support network, this innovative solution is affordable, secure and easy to manage - bringing new levels of convenience for both customers and employees in bank branches,” adds Heilbron.
“While South Africa’s cash in circulation reached R119 Billion in 2013 and 84% of global payment transactions are made with cash, it once again proves that consumers continue to favour cash as the primary means of payment. It’s for these reasons that one of our main priorities is to ensure safer and more efficient cash management methods are available for all businesses who deal with large sums of cash,” says Richard Phillips, joint CEO of Cash Connect Management Solutions.
Many South African business owners still prefer traditional cash management methods which include bulk deposits at the bank. This not only increases queuing time, but creates a potential crime risk.
The new Bulk Deposit ATM will not only reduce queues and save customers and tellers time to process deposits, but also has integrated security features that include either password protection or fingerprint identification – thus enhancing customer service with high-tech security.
The BDA is installed in a through-the-wall configuration so it presents a slim line, user-friendly ATM-like kiosk appearance to the customer. While secured in the rear, the cash is safeguarded in sealed, tamper-evident bags behind two independent electro-mechanically operated doors.
Thanks to the BDA’s 17-inch touchscreen and high speed validators, processing bulk deposits of coins, notes and cheques will no longer be a time-consuming process of having to wait for a teller to count, validate and bundle the cash. The introduction of the BDA will further help banks focus on their other core services, streamline operational efficiencies and reduce costs.
About Cash Connect
Cash Connect Management Solutions offers an end-to-end cash management solution that encompasses cash in transit logistics, security management and cash processing. Established in 2006, Cash Connect’s specialist solutions for retailers remove risk and maximise cash flow through swift settlements. The company services more than 1,200 retailers processing over R2 billion a month and has been endorsed as the approved service provider to blue-chip companies such as Spar Group, Shell, Engen, Pick ‘n Pay and OK to name but a few.
The executive management team - led by joint CEOs Richard Phillips and Steven Heilbron - has an unrivalled pool of specialised cash logistics, security and banking experience. The board of directors is chaired by Ivan Epstein, CEO of the Sage Group AAMEA (Africa, Australia, Middle East and Asia).
Cash Connect is a private company, with Old Mutual’s specialist fund, Futuregrowth Asset Management, as its largest institutional shareholder.
Idea Engineers on behalf of Sumay Dippenaar: Cash Connect
Tel: +27 11 010 4300 / 083 286 2799
With our brand promise of “We take the risk” Cash Connect offers its customers a holistic end-to-end cash management and payment solution. Throughout each step of the cash handling cycle, and from the moment the cash is deposited into the Cash Connect cash vault, to the moment it’s transferred to the cash in transit vehicle and then to the bank, your cash is insured 100%.
What does an end-to-end solution entail?
At Cash Connect we offer businesses a range of cash vaults that are built to SABS category 4 standards. With their biometric access devices these vaults identify the cashiers and count and validate banknotes they deposit while keeping a real-time record of every transaction. The cash vaults (safes) are designed to be almost impenetrable under extreme conditions, thus securing your money and creating the awareness that if you have a Cash Connect Solution, it’s pointless for armed robbers to attempt targeting your business. Cash Connect’s brand promise is “We take the risk”, and it does so by bringing the bank to you. Your cash is guaranteed from the moment you drop the cash in a Cash Connect cash vault (automated safe), whilst the cash is in transit until it reflects in your bank.
With Cash Connect’s end-to-end solution you can benefit from same day cash settlements, better cash flow, low cash deposit fees, reduced shrinkage and cutting back on back office administrative costs. You will save money on both in-store and cash-in-transit (C.I.T) cash insurance costs and most of all you will have established a massive deterrent against armed robbery.
Diagnostics of Cash Connect’s end-to-end solution:
SABS category 4 Cash Vault - Model to meet your volume capacity needs.
|Linked via dual SIM modem to Cash Connect's central server.||
|Unlimited technical support 7 days a week.|
|C.I.T. collection service on a frequency sufficient to optimise your risk/cost equation.||
|Guaranteed option of Same Day, Next Day or Two Day value settlement service.||
|Cash is insured from the moment it is deposited into the Cash Vault.||
|Password protected web access to a complete set of real time and historical financial reports.||
|Availability of immediate 1st line support 24/7 via a professional Call Centre.||
|Multiple bank accounts facilitating multi-departmental or independent enterprise usage.||
|SMS notification of key cash management indicators.|
SUITABLE SABS CAT4 VAULTS
|3K , 5K, 10K||3K , 5K, 10K||3K , 5K, 10K|
- Under-counter device
- 1 bag
- Up to 2,500 notes
- Single note feeder
- Up to 64 notes/minute
- 5 bags
- Up to 5,000 notes
- Single note feeder
- Up to 64 notes/minute
- 5 bags
- Up to 10,000 notes
- High speed validator
- Up to 300 notes/minute
An eye-opener for businesses in Port Elizabeth
South Africa’s national crime statistics for 2012/13 might indicate that there’s an 80% decrease in bank robberies, yet most other types of aggravated robbery have increased. In the last year alone, it has been recorded that more than 16 000 businesses have experienced an armed robbery. It is therefore without a doubt that the main target for robbers is businesses.
In response to the fact that one in five businesses have a chance of being a target, many responsible retailers have introduced advanced technology that automate the management of cash. One such store is the well-known Acres Spar which was the target of an armed robbery by a gang of at least four armed criminals on Monday 25 August.
“This armed robbery is just one of 45 other dangerously violent attacks that take place every day against business in South Africa. Over 90% of these types of robberies occur with the help of insider participation however it would appear that this wasn’t the case in this attack because the criminals were clearly unaware of the cash protection strategy that Spar had proactively adopted. In the end the criminals escaped with nothing more than some coinage for their efforts”, said Richard Phillips the joint CEO of Cash Connect Management Solutions.
“Although my store was robbed of the cash in the drop safe, we are fortunate that the robbers were unable to retrieve the bulk of the cash which was secured in a cash vault that was installed by Cash Connect two months ago”, says Shannon Joubert, owner of Acres Spar.
“Consumers continue to favour cash as the primary means of payment with some 84% of payment transactions continuing to be made with cash. As cash is also the primary target for armed robbery and incidents of violent attack continue to grow year on year, it is time for retailers and business owners to become smart and to take action to protect themselves and their customers,” says Phillips.
Joubert also says that the experience was an eye opener that emphasised the importance of having a technologically advanced and secure cash management system that cannot be tampered with, ultimately creating an effective deterrent for armed robbers.
Safer cash management solutions in South Africa represent a revolutionary step in the right direction. Cash Connect’s dogged adherence to using cash vaults that are built to SABS cat 4 standards lies at the heart of its ability to deliver on its promise to deter violent criminals from contemplating a robbery and deflecting them to easier targets.
For businesses it should therefore no longer be an option to invest in a safer cash handling solution – one that will give them the assurance of being as much as 40 times less likely to be robbed.
The benefits of a category 4 SABS cash vault include:
- Protection against armed robbery and burglary
- Removal of cash risk and the creation of a powerful deterrent to attack
- A stable trading environment for staff and customers
- Instilling cashier accountability, with no third party involved
- A major reduction in cash shrinkage
- Control of fraudulent banknotes
- Improved cash flow
- The supply of detailed cloud-based management information
- Tangible cost savings
About Cash Connect
Cash Connect Management Solutions offers an end-to-end cash management solution that encompasses cash in transit logistics, security management and cash processing.
Established in 2006, Cash Connect’s specialist solutions for retailers remove risk and maximise cash flow through swift settlements. The company services more than 1,100 sites processing over R2 billion a month and is a service provider to blue-chip companies such as Spar Group, Shell, Engen, and Pick ‘n Pay, to name but a few.
The executive management team - led by joint CEOs Richard Phillip and Steven Heilbron - has an unrivalled pool of specialised cash logistics, security and banking experience. The board of directors is chaired by Ivan Epstein, CEO of the Sage Group AAMEA (Africa, Australia, Middle East and Asia). Cash Connect is a private company, with Old Mutual’s specialist fund, Futuregrowth Asset Management, as its largest institutional shareholder.