To help with minimising the risk to your staff and Customers, and to the cash held at any time in your Cash Connect vault, we have summarised the CIT Key handling procedure below.
Please communicate this to all of your staff who use the vault.
- Our Customers are responsible for ensuring that before starting to deposit cash for the first time into their Cash Connect vault, they hand over both CIT Keys (white electronic tag) to their authorised CIT service provider. The CIT service provider must issue the Customer with a written receipt for these keys, which the Customer must retain as proof of such handover.
- At no time during the duration of the Cash Connect Cash Management Agreement shall the Customer or their staff take possession of either one or both of the CIT Keys from the CIT service provider.
- After every CIT collection of a Cash Connect Bag from the Cash Connect vault, the Customer shall ensure that the CIT Key is placed back into the CIT envopak (plastic, sealable envelope/bag), and that the envopak is properly closed and sealed. The CIT service providers supply the seals for this and the seal’s unique serial number must be recorded on the written CIT collection receipt. The Customer must retain this receipt as proof of such handover. The Customer shall ensure that the seal number recorded on the receipt corresponds with the number printed on the seal itself.
- If at any time the Customer or any of their staff become aware that they have in their possession either one or both of the CIT Keys, they must immediately notify their Cash Connect Customer Relations Executive, or the Cash Connect Call Centre on 0861 697 263. Cash Connect will then arrange with the CIT service provider to collect and sign for the CIT Key/s.
- Immediately upon becoming aware thereof, the Customer shall report a damaged, lost or stolen CIT Key to Cash Connect.
It is a condition of the Cash Management Agreement that Customers adhere to the operational procedures detailed therein. If the Customer retains possession of either one or both of the CIT Keys and there is a subsequent unauthorised removal of the Cash Connect Bag from the Cash Connect vault using a CIT Key, Cash Connect will not be liable to the Customer for the value of any subsequent cash loss. Any removal of a Cash Connect Bag from a Cash Connect vault using a CIT Key, other than in the presence of an authorised CIT service provider during an authorised and scheduled cash collection, will be deemed an unauthorised removal.
To assist our Customers in managing their day-to-day risk and operations, we have compiled a 4-point check list for your convenience:
- Immediately remove/delete any staff member/s from your Cash Connect vault setup who have left your employment. If you need any assistance with this please contact your Cash Connect Customer Relations Executive or the Cash Connect Call Centre.
- Ensure that when any staff member/s leave your employment that you still have all of the Cash Connect vault keys in your possession, and that none are missing. This does not apply to the CIT Keys which should always be in the possession of your CIT service provider. If any of the vault keys are missing, immediately notify your Cash Connect Customer Relations Executive or the Cash Connect Call Centre.
- If the employee who is leaving or has left had access to the keys for any of the entrance doors to your business premises, consider changing the locks on those doors. Duplicate keys could have been cut by the ex-employee.
- If the employee who is leaving or has left had access to the alarm code for the entrance doors to your business premises, consider changing the code on those doors.
If you require assistance with further training for your staff or clarification on any of the points in this communication, please feel free to contact your Cash Connect Customer Relations Executive who will arrange this for you.
For more details or you have any enquiries, please contact our 24/7 call centre on 0861 697 263. Alternatively, contact your Cash Connect Client Relations Executive directly.
The Cash Connect Operations Team