Celebrating 10 Years of Innovation
It’s been 10 years since Cash Connect entered the South African market with cutting edge technology, a sound understanding of the cash risk in the retail space and a passion for service. Today we boast a winning score board for innovation and protection of our customers’ business.
We are as committed to innovation and protecting retailers’ cash today as we were then. Our efficient and secure automated cash management and payment solutions have helped businesses create a trading environment that is safer for their staff and customers improving turnover and increasing profits. And, retailers can have peace of mind that their cash deposits are guaranteed. We are passionate about making a difference and want to thank the thousands of businesses that trusted us with their cash over the years. We will continue to add value to our customers’ business lives. After all, we take the risk.
We believe all business deserve to trade in a crime and risk free space
Our brand promise is ‘We take the risk’. From the moment your cash is deposited into our cash vaults, while in transit and until it reflects in your bank account, we will cover the entire risk of theft or loss. It’s like we moved the bank to you.
What did our first customer have to say?
Our customers are our best advertisement. Don’t just take our word for it, this is what our first customer has to say. Dian Blignaut, owner of Shell Triangle Bela-Bela (Warmbaths).
Please be patient…the video can take a while to lo…
Highlights over the years
Over the last 10 years we achieved many milestones, but these are some of the milestones that stood out for us:
- We were the first to present a holistic proposition designed to deter crime, guarantee accuracy and value and protect the cash in our now well-known tagline ‘we take the risk’. It remains a source of some amusement today that while many of our competitors followed on and opted to assume the insurance risk for the cash, they missed the subtlety of our much broader undertaking.
- 28 July 2007 was the date that our first customer signed our contract - Dian Blignaut, owner of Shell Triangle Bela-Bela (Warmbaths).
- We introduced our first cash vault that was built to SABS Category 4 standards, to the market in 2005.
- In 2009 Engen Oil was the first Blue Chip company to sign us up as an approved supplier. Today, we enjoy endorse ment from Shell, PnP, OK and Spar as well as three of the major Commercial Banks, to name but a few.
- In 2010 Deposit Manager, a ground breaking cash vault developer with decades of knowledge and experienced joined the Cash Connect team.
- In April 2010 we launched a world first, independently managed, financial structure (Collateral Holding Trust) that ensured that our customers remained contractually protected throughout the time that their cash is in the care of Cash Connect – a critically important aspect of our commitment to corporate governance standards unparalleled in South Africa if not in the world.
- We processed our first Billion Rand in 2011.
- In the same year Standard Bank entered into a service agreement and provided a powerful platform that im proved our efficiencies and enabled our growth.
- 2013: Cash Connect was acquired by a consortium comprising of Old Mutual’s specialist investment fund, Future Growth Asset Management, together with Ivan Epstein, founder of Softline and Steven Heilbron, formerly joint CEO of Investec Bank plc.
- In 2013 we were appointed an approved vendor to a major commercial bank which event was later followed by similar appointments to two more major commercial banks.
- We have grown from three employees in 2006 to more than 130 employees in 2016 and we are confident of reaching the R40 billion mark in annual processed volume by February 2017. A leading supplier of cash to the industry.
10 acts of kindness (Social Upliftment)
As part of our 10-year celebration, we decided to ‘pay it forward’ by performing 10 acts of kindness during 2016. It is important that we, as employees, donate our time and love, and not just making a monetary donation. We believe that our social upliftment endeavors will have a life-changing consequence for the recipients as well as boost the morale of our employees. Click here to view our social upliftment endeavors.
Let us guarantee your cash in your bank account
If you haven’t switched to Cash Connect’s automated cash management and payments solution yet, don’t delay and make the move. As part of our 10-year anniversary celebration we are proud to launch the new Connectr 3000.u that we believe will change the way that retailers manage their business. To read more about the new compact Connectr 3000.u that is built to SABS Cat 4 standards click here, or click here to view our range of Connectr cash vaults.